Flu Szn Wellness
Greetings Light Beings,
I hope you are having a blissful day. If not, I hope the act of you taking this time out of your day to read self improving information leaves you feeling better. Today we are diving into a steam that particularly targets your respiratory system. The respiratory system is under attack during the illnesses we know as the flu and COVID. Mucus accumulates rapidly and the faster you break that mucus up and remove it, the faster your recovery.
Before we get into the steam recipe I wanted to share some tips if you do have the flu or COVID because it's very common to catch and there’s so much fear around having it because people have died from it. However plenty of people have had it and tested negative after some time of truly taking care of themselves. These are tips from researching and listening to health care professionals who are encouraging people to do these remedies at home due to the major influx of patients in the hospital.
- Sleep on your stomach or side at all times, sleeping on your back smashes your lungs and that will allow fluid to set in. Set a timer for every two hours and walk around for 15-30 min. Move your arms around frequently, it helps open your lungs.
- Track your breathing patterns, if your nasal passage is stopped up attempt to breathe through it and remove as much mucus as you can.
- Eat foods high in potassium such as eggs, bananas, asparagus, and avocados. Drink lots of water, Coconut Water and gatorade zero to remain hydrated. Do not drink anything cold, room temperature only.
- Stay away from dairy products, red meats, and high sodium foods. Drink 3-4 cups of tea per day. Add apple cider vinegar, lemon, ginger and honey to each cup. Eat lots of healthful foods, food is medicine. Consume large amounts of antioxidant rich and anti-inflammatory foods. (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cranberries, garlic, onions, spiced foods)
- Take Zinc, Vitamin D3 ( or get sun), and probiotics
I hope this information was helpful to someone out there feeling ill. Feel free to share with family and friends to spread awareness and ease the histeria around these curable illnesses!
Full steam recipe below